[Paraview] How to do animation?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Mar 26 09:41:25 EDT 2008

We no longer support file series of pvtu files. We dropped support for
file series of formats that can support time natively. You need to
write a pvd file that points to your pvtu files and load that one.
Your pvd file should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet timestep="0.1" group="" part="0" file="foo0.pvtu"/>
    <DataSet timestep="0.2" group="" part="0" file="foo1.pvtu"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

-berk