[Paraview] Cannot Save Animations from Python

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:45:03 EDT 2008

A further, perhaps useless tidbit on this issue.

Skipping the animator and creating my own animation loop works everywhere. I record each frame with view.WriteImage. That crashed too after a few frames, like the animator, until I preceeded it with a call to view.StillRender.

By "everywhere" I actually mean only 3.2.1 on CentOS 5 systems, using pvpython and pvbatch, using OpenGL/hardware and Mesa.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center