[Paraview] Cannot Save Animations from Python

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Mar 21 17:57:09 EDT 2008

demo4 in servermanager.py works great when run from pvpython. It calls AnimateReader with no 3rd argument, the output filename, and so displays on the screen.

When the filename is provided it produces 1 to 5 frames (which look fine) then crashes. One unexpected phenomena was that when recording frames it seemed to display and then delete the window with every frame.

The debugger shows that it crashes in /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 but there are no symbols for the other routines in the traceback even though I compiled with the debug flag on.

I'm using ParaView 3.2.1 on CentOS 5. The disk has over 59 GB of space.

Help!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center