[Paraview] (1) simplest way to plot labels for points and (2) how to create points with labels

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:48:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to plot simple labels to identify point locations.

1) online I found an interesting manual (Draft paravie manual),
unfortunately uncredited, which on page 63 shows a "label point id"
that I can't locate on the Paraview version I am using (3.2.1 on
Windows)

2) normally, I am creating VTK data for visualisation via Paraview
from GRASS, but it seems tha the VTK output does not export text
labels.
could you recommend  any other procedure to generate VTK points with
labels from an (x,y,z,label) file (any scripting environment will be
fine)

TIA for any feedback, and regards,

Andrea