[Paraview] Object Inspector - Cell/Point Array Status

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Mar 6 11:21:45 EST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 8:28:35 am Bob Anderson wrote:
> I have an object with more properties (Cell Arrays) than I want to load.
> Can someone guide me through what I need to do to get the "Cell/Point Array
> Status" selection display like vtkXMLPolyDataReader (.vtp)?  I've traced it
> down to Qt\Components\pqNamedWidgets.cxx via pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel,
> but I can't figure out how to get there.

I assume you mean merging the GUI widgets showing the cell arrays?
There's a couple ways to do this.

Merge them at the level of your vtkObject by adding another set of properties.
Then only expose that with your server manager XML, and the GUI can show
that.

Or, you can write your own panel and give your pqTreeWidget with the merged
arrays a name different than any server manager property name, and connect it
yourself like its done in
pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel::linkServerManagerProperties().

Clint