[Paraview] MinGW compilation

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:48:57 EST 2008

I didn't have all the information when I posted that. What is
happening is that I did the install and then put my plugin into the
"plugins" folder (which I made because I thought I needed it).
Launching paraview, paraview then looks in the plugins folder for
stuff to load. Problem is that the crt dlls are really one directory
up, and so the load fails.
  So to be clear, ParaView run without a problem. Loading a plugin
from the "plugins" directory did NOT work because of lack of crt dlls
at the same level as the plugin.

I confirmed this by moving the plugin to the bin directory, launchin
paraview, then manually loading the plugin. That worked just fine.
Unfortunately I really need to have the plugin loaded automatically so
I think I will just adjust the PV source to look in the bin directory
for the plugins.

Mike

Mike Jackson
imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com