[Paraview] byte order filter

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:49:14 EST 2008

The Legacy VTK Binary format requires that data be written in Big-Endian, so
if you write it in Little-endian format it will byte-flip it internally
(thinking it's Big-endian).

You'll need to swap it yourself before you write it into the File... So that
ParaView can swap it again when it reads it (I know, silly ain't it?)

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Server Levent Yilmaz <leventyilmaz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am using the legacy binary VTK format to dump my image data. The data is
> little endian, but Paraview (or rather the VTK readers I suppose) reads it
> as a big one.
>
> Instead of modifying the way image data is dumped (I am not linking
> against VTK libraries, and am lazy (or too concerned with performance) to
> convert the data) at run time, is it possible to instruct Paraview to flip
> the byte order somehow with a filter?
>
> If there is no such filter available, can I write a programmable one?
>
> thanks
> Levent
>
> --
> Server Levent Yilmaz