[Paraview] Still no progress compiling Paraview on Windows using Visual Express

Jefferson Thomas foramuyou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:59:43 EST 2008

I commented it out from Paraview3.2.1/VTK/Utilities/vtkzlib/zutil.h
but the errors are still there. Here is how they look:

1>c14n.c
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(358) :
error C3163: '_vsnprintf': attribute doesnt match the previous declaration
1>        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(350)
: please confirm the declaration of '_vsnprintf'
1>xpointer.c
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(358) :
error C3163: '_vsnprintf': attribute doesnt match the previous declaration
1>        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(350)
: please confirm the declaration of '_vsnprintf'

and so on with very meny .c files. The last errors say the library
vtklibxml2.lib was not found
8>linking...
8>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: could not open file 'vtklibxml2.lib'

this error comes many times. I think its because of the previous errors the
library vtklibxml2 could not be compiled so the problem is that
'_vsnprintf'.

Are there any other declarations of _vsnprintf I should delete ? Any other
things I should do ?

Thank you for your help,
Thomas