[Paraview] question: how to add "vtkDICOMImageReader" into Paraview 3.2.2 using plugin

Haiyong Xu haiyeong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:38:43 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I tried to extend Paraview to read DICOM images through vtkDICOMImageReader.
Following the example in source code
"ParaView3.2.2/Examples/Plugins/Reader", I successfully added a DICOM reader
into Paraview. The problem is that this reader can only read one file rather
than to load all DICOM images from a directory. I guess this is because the
GUI XML , i.e., "ParaView3.2.2/Examples/Plugins/Reader/pqReader.xml", can
only return a filename. Any hint to make a GUI XML to return a directory
name? Thanks.

--Haiyong