[Paraview] Different Python startup error message

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 30 06:59:31 EDT 2008

Eric

> ... and gets to the "representations", crapping out with
> "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
> 'GetDocumentation'" when trying to process PointSpriteRepresentation
> (from rendering.xml).

Thanks veryy much for this information. I spent a bit of time on it last
week, desperately trying to find out why the point sprite representation
causes this dodgyness. I failed. I ended up by having a single 2 line
xml entry with nothing in it at all, and this caused the error. I tried
cloning other ones and everything - but it seems like as soon as I add a
new anything to the representations this error comes back.

Can anyone tell me what the error really means?

I tried adding methods for GetDocumentation, tried adding xml entries
for doc, removing them, everything, but since I don't really know what
the rror message is trying to tell me, I am clueless - what is the
NoneType object referred to, and why is the doc not found?

JB