[Paraview] Different Python startup error message

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Jul 15 10:12:15 EDT 2008

Hey John,

Are you getting this with the regular ParaView or with PV Meshless? I
get these messages when I try to use Python with Meshless, and I've
used the python debugger to track down which modules are causing
problems when loading the xml.

The first one for me is SPHProbePointOverTime. If I delete this one
from CSCS_SPH_Server.xml loading servermanager in python gets through
the "filters" and gets to the "representations", crapping out with
"AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'GetDocumentation'" when trying to process PointSpriteRepresentation
(from rendering.xml).

I'm not sure what is wrong with either of the xml files, though, or if
there is something else that needs to be done for proper wrapping.
This is as far as I was able to get...

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson