[Paraview] Multi-block distribution in parallel

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 16 14:10:24 EDT 2008

> I think the vtm format does what you want. It worked well with 4,096
> vti files.
I am using vtm files referencing vtu files, but it does not work (split
well) with vtu. I'm not keen on delving into the xml reader internals to
find how the block splitting is done, but maybe the vti are handled
better as they are structured. It shouldn't work with vti either since
at the block/dataset level the partitioning is the same. perhaps you did
this before a lot of recent collection/xml reader changes went in...I'm
still looking for a solution.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch