[Paraview] using paraview 3.2.1 in batch mode to produce a collection of jpg's

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 16 08:47:34 EDT 2008

fer Mellibovsky wrote:
> I have a collection of vtk files from which to make a picture. I have
> loaded into paraview 3.2.1 one of them and drawn some contour levels.
> I wanted to save the result as a pvb file in order to run a script
> using pvbatch to produce the whole series of jpg, but this option no
> longer exists. What can I do. Is there a way to load a pvsm file in
> batch mode and produce a jpg?
> Thank you
Yes, you may tell pvbatch to reload a state file, and to produce a jpg.
You can then loop over all your files in your python script.

all answers to your questions can be found in the document:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/f/f9/Servermanager2.pdf

I don't think version 3.2.1 does this very reliably though. I woud
recommend the cvs version where the pvbatch support is much more reliable.
--
Jean
Swiss National Supercomputing Center