[Paraview] paraview crashes while saving screenshot

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Jul 16 07:18:47 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 01:46:02 am sundeep rao wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am using paraview in Ubuntu 8.04.
>  when i try to save a screenshot paraview crashes.
> I have tried it with version 3.2.1 and  3.3.0, both crash while saving
> screenshot.

You may want to try turning "Use Offscreen Rendering for Screenshots" off.
You should also check if you have the OSMesa library installed.

> Also is there any way to save screenshot is EPS format. (because journals
> need figures in EPS)

I don't think so... there's GL2PS in VTK but it I don't think it's an option
in paraview.  Most journals I'v seen (not that many) accept at least one
raster format.