[Paraview] problems with structured grid file format

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:52:23 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I want to read in a structured grid file which looks like this:

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
structured grid test
BINARY
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID
DIMENSIONS 275 151 1
POINTS 41525 float
ÒÑìbÒÑÍTÒÑ­îÒÑŽ2ÒÑnÒÑM«ÒÑ,ÜÒÑ <many more binary points>

POINT_DATA 41525
SCALARS dg float 1
LOOKUP_TABLE default
2=ì2
äå2;Y2 JØ2,b22¤„25¢o26É2bL1á©1IgÔ15xâ12„î1-·1+·;1)«¾1(‰³1'eÂ1&Ö·1& ô1&.‘1%r”1&r1%ò1&t <more binary data>

and everytime I get the error "Generic Warning: In C:\berk\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\VTK\IO\vtkDataReader.cxx, line 933
Error reading binary data!"
I looked up the vtkDataReader and it seems that there is a problem with the function vtkReadBinaryData, that the eof is reached too soon, but does anyone know how to fix this?
any help appreciated,kind regards,Natalie