[Paraview] Compiling changes into Paraview

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Wed Jul 9 13:53:40 EDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:36 PM, Samuel Crow wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've written a practice reader called "CubeReader" and compiled it
> into Paraview by adding its directory to the appropriate command in
> the .cmake file in the parent directory of ~/Documents/
> Paraview3.2.2/Examples/Plugins/CubeReader/ .  It doesn't work right
> so I made changes to the source of the CubeReader.  Now how do I
> get the makefiles generated by CMake to recognize the changes to
> the source and link in the new version of the object codes?
>
> My system is a Macintosh PowerBook G4 with 2 Gb of RAM running
> MacOSX 10.4.11.

If you want to compile your reader directly into ParaView then you
probably want to use the PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE setting while
running ccmake in paraview.

Take a look at <http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Extend> and then
under the title "Include new reader, writer, source, or algorithm
during compile time"

If my firewall will let you, take a look at http://titanium.imts.us/
viewvc/Task_4/PVRoboMet/ for a project that I worked on earlier this
year.

Mike