[Paraview] Programmatically setting 2D chart properties

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Jul 8 11:10:36 EDT 2008

Suggestions? Not a one ;-) I was hoping there might already be
something already in ParaView.

So at this point I guess I could add to my custom reader a client
side plugin that allows the user to select which arrays are read,
which effectively sets which values are plotted. I think that might
work.

The solution to the other problem will probably involve some hacking
in the charting code to disable the automatic legend generation and
add a title instead.

I guess there could be some named keys in the vtkInformation object
to set the properties on the chart? Not sure as I am not that
familiar with the server <--> client communications.

I like the Qt GUI for the 2D plots and would hate to re-implement
that in a client plugin but I might have to. My co-worker and I will
keep digging to try and figure out what will work for our customer.

Thanks for the quick reply.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer