[Paraview] Client side plugin error on windows

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 25 13:04:57 EST 2008

Actually, I encountered the same problem, and I only have one compiler
(VC 2005).  I suspect it might be the fact that one compiles Qt using
the qconfigure.bat file and it compiles at the command line.  I then
used CMake & the GUI to build both ParaView and my reader plugin as per
the Wiki instructions.  Of course, I could have messed up a setting
somewhere, but I wouldn't know where.  I'm pretty sure I selected the
correct compiler in qconfigure.bat and I know I selected the correct
compiler in CMake for both PV & the reader code.

However, I did come up with a quick fix.  In your Qt directory, edit
src/corelib/global/qconfig.h
find the QT_BUILD_KEY line and replace the "Windows os-msvc2005 release
full-config" with "Windows msvc release full-config" .

Then reconfigure (from scratch) your plugin and recompile.  You don't
need to reconfigure or recompile Qt or PV.

-Sean