[Paraview] Server Manager

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Jan 25 08:59:45 EST 2008

Doxygen for Server Manager classes (and everything else in the ParaView
source) can be found at

  http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/html/index.html

If you look under the Applications directory in the ParaView source, you
will find a couple examples of "custom clients."

I'll leave the details of using 3D widgets to someone else.  There are
conventions in the representation/view SM classes to handle widgets.
You might want to look at vtkSMImplicitPlaneRepresentationProxy as an
example.

I am not aware of any problems with 32/64 bit issues between client and
server.  I added some fixes to the socket communicator before the
ParaView 3.2 release.  I now connect from a 32 bit client to a 64 bit
server all the time without problems.  If you are having a specific
issue, please let me know.

-Ken