[Paraview] Heap corruption error in ParaView when using VS2008

joeh at cis.jhu.edu joeh at cis.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 18 09:07:45 EST 2008

I am having trouble getting Paraview to run with VS2008. It is
giving me heap corruption errors. This is what I get when I try to debug
it.

CVS head gives

HEAP[paraview.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap(
07B30000, 087565D8 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in paraview.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in
paraview.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This occurs on startup and manifests in the dispatch area of the main
event loop

and Version 3.2.1 gives

HEAP[paraview.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap(
07AA0000, 0ADAD600 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in paraview.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in
paraview.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This occurs even earlier in startup where the Sources menu is being built.

I am not sure how to track these down as the corruption seems to be
occurring at some point prior to the error manifesting itself in the
debugger.

-Joe