[Paraview] Beginner in ParaView

Cally kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:38:31 EST 2008

Thank you for the reply, yeap I managed to run X windows on each
machine, I edited the ssh_config file and changed X11 forwarding to
yes. But all I did was type xclock, glxgears and I can view the x
files. When I try running this command

-- >Master :/usr/bin/ #     /root/mpich-1.2.7p1/bin/mpirun -np 2 glxgears

I get this error--
/usr/bin/glxgears: Unsupported option '-p4pg'.
usage:  /usr/bin/glxgears [options]
-display        Set X11 display for output.
-info           Print additional GLX information.
-singletooth    Draw only one tooth for each gear (for debugging etc.).
-h              Print this help page.
-v              Verbose output.

--> and when I try with pmandel, I get this error

/root/mpich-1.2.7p1/bin/mpirun -np 2 pmandel

Could not open display
Failed to connect to Master.localhost.localdomain:0 from
Master.localhost.localdomain
Rank 0 could not connect to the display. Exiting.

should I do something with xauth, I already edited ssh_config file.
I even did the startx, xhost + and setting the display variable.

I am using Open Suse 10.3