[Paraview] MinGW compilation

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Feb 28 18:16:27 EST 2008

ParaView should package correctly such that its installer works on any
Windows system, regardless of MSVC runtime dlls. That is what the line:
INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)
from ParaView3CPack.cmake is all about.

With VS8 2005, you can still put all the dlls in the same directory with the
app, but you also need a manifest file. CMake 2.4.8 should properly take
care of this for you, though.

If not, it's a CMake bug. (Or a bug in ParaView's cmakelists files...)

Are you trying to build an installer after building with VS8 and it's not
working?

HTH,
David