[Paraview] Unable to render Paraview 3D view on the cluster

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 27 08:31:14 EST 2008

The attachment didn't come through.

>From your email about whether you have graphics hardware on each node of your graphics cluster.  If the answer is no, then you should compile with OSMesa.

-Ken

________________________________
From: paraview-bounces+kmorel=sandia.gov at paraview.org [mailto:paraview-bounces+kmorel=sandia.gov at paraview.org] On Behalf Of Cally
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:46 AM
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] Unable to render Paraview 3D view on the cluster

Hi

I managed to install ParaView on the cluster at my lab, the cluster runs on Linux. And there were no errors, I compiled with MPI, python but I didnt use Mesa, I read on the wiki pages that its not necessary to install mesa if graphics hardware exists. Anyway, my cluster does not have any graphic hardware, but I am using my pc ( run on windows and has graphic hardware) to connect I use putty and xming. I can render the paraview and it appears but what I can't see is .. the sources thing like cone, arrow, 3D text, when I choose and click apply, it loads but nothing appears, paraview does not hang and it works fine, but I can't see anything appearing in the 3D view. I have attached a screenshot together with this mail.