[Paraview] GL2PS for Paraview - Plugin Problems

Enkelejda Tafaj lejda at gmx.de
Mon Feb 25 16:17:25 EST 2008

Hi,

VTK provides the class vtkGL2PSExporter to export a scene as a
PostScript file using GL2PS. This is also very nice to have in Paraview,
as it writes vector PostScript (PS/EPS), and is thus very nice for
publication pics.

I was trying the last two days to make a GL2PS plugin for Paraview by
activating the vtkGL2PSExporter. First I compiled vtkGL2PSExporter.cxx
(by default VTK_USE_GL2PS is set OFF) in Paraview, then wrote a
ServerManager xml file similiar to that in CVS
ParaView3/Examples/Plugins/Writer (see attached files) to make a writer
Plugin.

The input data type to this plugin is a vtkRenderWindow, which I think
is the problem. I can load the plugin, but when I try "Save Data" I get
the following error message:

ERROR: In /Paraview3.2.1/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx, line 1001
vtkProcessModule (0x8128d00): Object type: vtkGL2PSExporter, could not
find requested method: "SetExecutive"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Enkelejda