[Paraview] poor man's particle tracer

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Sun Feb 24 08:40:26 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to create, for educational purposes, a poor man's particle
tracer with ParaView.  I have a static vector dataset, so I see two

* by using a probe and warp vector filter, I can get particles being
advected by one step.  Is there some way of taking the output of the
first step and feeding it back into the network, so I can recursively
advect my particles?
* is there some way of using the animation functionality to move a
particle (or glyph or something) along the trajectory of a streamline?

Are there any other options?

For the moment I'm assuming no access to the ParticleTracer (as this
is not working 100% in the ParaView 3.2.1 release, as discussed in a
previous mail thread).

Thanks for any help,
Charl