[Paraview] Failing to connect to an MPI server in certain cases

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 21 17:10:22 EST 2008

Offhand I know of nothing that should cause your problem.  We use pbs to launch jobs on our vis clusters and it works fine.  We do have to use reverse connections because (1) outside computers cannot make connections to the cluster nodes and (2) we do not know where the server is going to be allocated anyway.

Do you have any information the pvserver job?  Do you have its output?  Is it exiting normally or crashing?  Is there any chance you could run it in a debugger?

-Ken