[Paraview] Warning: ExtractGrid and MultiGroup Datasets

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Feb 20 05:36:23 EST 2008

I've noticied this too, - (but not using the ExtractGrid filter). The
trouble is that a piece of data (only image data, not unstructured) has
the origin set to the real origin of the whoe data, and each piece has
the same origin - when extracted, the extent is not the whole extent and
tada... they go to the same place.

This is a use case where vtkMultiPieceDataSet would be useful as it
would make it clear to filters like extract grid that this is a piece -
and not some generic group/block data and something extra needs to be
done - such as query the container for extra info about orgin offsets etc.

Of course this could be subsumed into multiblock data, but....

JB