[Paraview] Warning: ExtractGrid and MultiGroup Datasets

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:25:47 EST 2008

Bug 5808 reported on 9/30/2007 that ExtractGrid puts the extracted piece at the
wrong location. I just discovered that when it is used with a 256-part
multigroup dataset, where each part is image data, it puts ALL 256 extracted
pieces at the same location.

One symptom was that the resultant picture seemed to have NxN points but
"Information" said it had 256xNxN points.

I suggest the priority of this bug be raised. ExtractGrid is an important tool
for looking at extremely large image datasets but it is currently useless.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center