[Paraview] pqPythonShell on local server & local client

Alexander Wille alexander.wille at mytum.de
Mon Feb 18 08:37:36 EST 2008

Hi Clint,

I'm now retrieving the handle on the main window through the vtkProcessModule. Thanks for the hint!
The QWidget*-argument of the pqPythonShell does, as you said, not tell the shell where to actually execute its scripts. The problem that, no matter what I specify as the constructor argument to pqPythonShell, executing a script with the created object just does nothing on any server. The pqPythonShell seems not to be tied to any server, but I need it to run scripts just like the Tools->Phython Shell-Dialog of the GUI would. Do you know how to make that connection?

Regards,
Alex