[Paraview] particletracer, vectors menu?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 14 11:56:23 EST 2008

Hi there Berk,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:
> This is actually simple to fix. In the filters xml
>  (Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml), ParticleTracer says it
>  is expecting a vtkTemporalDataSet input. However, in some cases, the
>  input may look like a vtkUnstructuredGrid, for example. The input type
>  for ParticleTracer should be set to vtkDataObject to fix this. I am
>  attaching a patch. I am not sure this is the best way to fix this in
>  the main repository so I am not committing it yet.

Thank you for looking into this!

We've already deployed a patched ParaView 3.2.1 (changes to
rendering.xml to enable the activation of shading via the python
interface) to a whole lab of machines.  Is there perhaps any other
work-around that does not involve having to deploy a new build?  Could
we somehow force a cast on the data or something?

Thanks again,
Charl