[Paraview] New user: Please help!

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 13 23:27:27 EST 2008

>> The 1st link above was (*quite*) illuminating for me,
>> would you know of any similar which address writing out
>> multi-block structured (IJ & IJK) grid & field data ?
>> I am 100% unfamiliar w/ XML files/formatting, so links
>> w/ sample files/coding (such as the 1st one above) are
>> extremely helpful for me. Thanks in advance.

Native VTK and ParaView file formates like vtk legacy files
have no support for multiblock datasets. However you can try
VTK-XML multi-block data file format :

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkXMLMultiBlockDataReader.html

Or as Berk suggested you can use Plot3D or Ensight file formats
which have good support for Multi-block datasets.