[Paraview] New user: Please help!

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 13 15:53:44 EST 2008

Scott, W Alan wrote:
> Patty,
> I am sure that some folks read data like you mention, but another option is to write in a "paraview smart" file format.  One of the oldies, but goodies, is a vtk file format.  (ParaView stands on top of the VTK toolkit).  One way to see a vtk file is to open ParaView, Sources menu, Sphere, Apply.  Then, File menu, Save Data, change "Files of type" to vtk, name the file, OK, then write it as ASCII.
>
> Pretty good write-ups are available here: http://www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de/intranet/it-service/applications/paraview/vtk-file-formats/
>
> The VTK file formats are defined here: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/images/5/51/VTK-File-Formats.pdf
>
> Alan

The 1st link above was (*quite*) illuminating for me, would you know of
any similar which address writing out multi-block structured (IJ & IJK)
grid & field data ? I am 100% unfamiliar w/ XML files/formatting, so
links w/ sample files/coding (such as the 1st one above) are extremely
helpful for me. Thanks in advance.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III