[Paraview] ParaView crashes trying to access property of Custom Reader

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:20:41 EST 2008

I am writing a custom reader in ParaView 3 and I am getting a crash
when ParaView goes looking for a method specified in the .pvsm file:

Here is the snippet from the .pvsm file:

       <IntVectorProperty
         name="FramesPerSlice"
         command="GetFramesPerSlice"
         number_of_elements="1"
         update_self="1"
         information_only="1"
         default_values="0">
         <SimpleIntInformationHelper />
       </IntVectorProperty>

Here is the snippet from vtkH5RoboMetReader.h

public:
   vtkGetMacro(FramesPerSlice, int);
   vtkSetMacro(FramesPerSlice, int);

private:
int FramesPerSlice;

Here is the snippet from the generated
vtkH5RoboMetReaderClientServer.cxx file:
   if (!strcmp("GetFramesPerSlice",method) && msg.GetNumberOfArguments
(0) == 2)
     {
     int      temp20;
       {
       temp20 = (op)->GetFramesPerSlice();
       resultStream.Reset();
       resultStream << vtkClientServerStream::Reply << temp20 <<
vtkClientServerStream::End;
       return 1;
       }
     }
   if (!strcmp("SetFramesPerSlice",method) && msg.GetNumberOfArguments
(0) == 3)
     {
     int      temp0;
     if(msg.GetArgument(0, 2, &temp0))
       {
       op->SetFramesPerSlice(temp0);
       return 1;
       }
     }

And lastly here is the error from ParaView 3.2.1
vtkProcessModule (0x8a5c7f0): Object type: vtkSMSourceProxy, could
not find requested method: "GetFramesPerSlice"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
   Argument 0 = id_value {83}
   Argument 1 = string_value {GetFramesPerSlice}

ERROR: In /Users/Shared/OpenSource/ParaView3.2.1/Servers/Common/
vtkProcessModule.cxx, line 1002
vtkProcessModule (0x8a5c7f0): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Could someone take pity on me and help me out with the proper way of
doing this?

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com