[Paraview] Error in Setting the ClipFunction for the Clip Filter

Radhika Saksena r.saksena at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:05:16 EST 2008

Hi,

This is a newbie question and any help will be much appreciated.

I am using the python interface to Paraview3 on my mac.

I have been unsuccesfully trying to set the ClipFunction property of a Clip
filter object. But I keep getting the error that the SetData function is
expecting two arguments. Please could you advise how the ClipFunction property
can be set via the python interface.

The error I am getting is:
>>> clipFilter1.ClipFunction = "Plane"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/Users/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/paraview3-build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 1488, in setProperty
  File
"/Users/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/paraview3-build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 163, in SetPropertyWithName
  File
"/Users/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/paraview3-build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 487, in SetData
TypeError: function takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Many Thanks,
Rad