[Paraview] Extract unstructured grid

Dimitrios Kiousis dkiousis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 05:06:40 EST 2008

Thanks for your answer David.
It seems that this is the way to go.

However there is a BIG problem/issue.

When I open the spreadsheet view window and click on the eye (in the
pipeline) all the information comes up:
DISPL / STRESSES / COORDINATES / POINT ID
What I am interested in though are the CELL IDs (so that I can select just a
part of my unstructured hexahedral elements).
As you suggested in the tab "Display", I set "Select Attributes to Show >
CELL Data" but then NOTHING appears on the Spreadsheet!

Note that for the nodes, the procedure works fine.
To your information, I am using the precompiled
paraview-3.2.1-Linux-x86.tar.gz<http://paraview.org/files/v3.2/paraview-3.2.1-Linux-x86.tar.gz>version

Any clues why? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the code? I
have tried different VTK-files so I don't think that it is related to my
file format. However, you can download it at
http://www.dqdev.net/ploti0001.vtk

Thanks in advance,
dqdev