[Paraview] Bug 0006714: pvbatch requires X server

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Apr 3 17:33:57 EDT 2008

Thanks! Sorry it took so long to try. The results are exactly the same in both the version using MPI (run with mpiexec -np 2 pvbatch) and the one without (run with pvbatch).

Both display windows. The non-mpi version doesn't crash because it finds an X server.

I know gdb and my versions have been compiled for debugging. Can you think of a key location where I could stop it and look at some variables? If we could convince the non-mpi version to refrain from looking for an X server we have probably fixed the mpi version too.

Kent