[Paraview] Simple problem with Paraview 3.1.0

Hom Nath Gharti hng.email at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:25:12 EDT 2007

This problem is simple but interesting one.
I am plotting some scalar data over structured grids. The data file is as
follow:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="StructuredGrid" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <StructuredGrid WholeExtent="0 1 0 2 0 3">
  <Piece Extent="0 1 0 2 0 3">
    <PointData>
      <DataArray type="Int16" Name="Fat ray (s)" format="ascii" RangeMin="0"
RangeMax="6">
        0 1 1 2 2 3
        1 2 2 3 3 4
        2 3 3 4 4 5
        3 4 4 5 5 6
      </DataArray>
      <DataArray type="Int16" Name="Fat rays (s)" format="ascii"
RangeMin="0" RangeMax="6">
        0 1 1 2 2 3
        1 2 2 3 3 4
        2 3 3 4 4 5
        3 4 4 5 5 6
      </DataArray>
    </PointData>
    <CellData>
    </CellData>
    <Points>
      <DataArray type="Float32" Name="Array 0x85412e8"
NumberOfComponents="3" format="ascii" RangeMin="0" RangeMax="3.7416573868">
        0 0 0 1 0 0
        0 1 0 1 1 0
        0 2 0 1 2 0
        0 0 1 1 0 1
        0 1 1 1 1 1
        0 2 1 1 2 1
        0 0 2 1 0 2
        0 1 2 1 1 2
        0 2 2 1 2 2
        0 0 3 1 0 3
        0 1 3 1 1 3
        0 2 3 1 2 3
      </DataArray>
    </Points>
  </Piece>
  </StructuredGrid>
</VTKFile>

In first PointData set I have used Name="Fat ray (s)" and Name="Fat rays
(s)" in second case. When I tried to plot surface of these data pair
separately, to my surprise, I get the constant value(it does not work even
with *rescale to data range*) to  in first case while in second case it
shows the righ result. Data are the same in two cases. I tried with several
other data, but found the similar problem. Is it something the problem in my
operating system or the problem with some key words conflict in paraview
3.1.0? I would be grateful for the suggestions.

Sincerely,
Hom Nath