[Paraview] pv3 - server always shows 100% cpu usage

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 21 08:07:41 EDT 2007

Funny.  I get the opposite effect.  The root node of my server is pretty
much idle whereas all the others are at 100%.

I am absolutely positive this is just an artifact of the implementation
of the underlying socket and MPI libraries, respectively.  I attached a
debugger to a server and verified that while the server is "idle," node
0 is waiting for the select function to finish and all other nodes are
waiting for the MPI_Recv function to finish.  I placed breakpoints right
after these functions and saw that they never returned until after I did
something with the client.

-Ken