[Paraview] pv3 - server always shows 100% cpu usage

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Sep 21 06:58:26 EDT 2007

When running pv3 (pvserver), utilities like top and any other system
monitoring tools always show 100% (or at least whenever I look at them)
cpu usage - even when nothing is going on and the server should have
been idle for hours. I suspect something fishy is going on at the
server-client connection and the server is constantly polling to see if
any new messages are ready.

Can anyone confirm/deny or explain if there is a 'problem' - is this a
design feature?

thanks

JB

--