[Paraview] vtk format and mpi paraview

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Sep 7 13:07:55 EDT 2007

> Yes. The VTK reader will use just one processor, I believe, but D3 can be used
> to distribute its output.

Actually, not exactly true. If the data is unstructured (polydata or
unstructured grid), the first node will read the whole dataset, break
it into pieces and distributed to other processes. After that,
everything will work in parallel. If the data is structured, all nodes
will read the whole thing but keep only a portion of it. After that
everything will work in parallel.

-berk