[Paraview] Qt 4.2.3 Required for PV 3.1.0 Head

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Sep 6 15:41:25 EDT 2007

Another approach: ensure that the developers know what they have been asked to fix.

1) Require that any bug be submitted with a copy of the CMakeCache.txt file
used to build that version of PV. The report will not be accepted without it.

2) Add an option such as "paraview -builder" that prints a date, a system name
and a few other things unique to that build of PV. The binary distribution will
yield one message while a private build will yield another (which will also be
somewhere in the CMakeCache.txt file).

These steps would alert the developers that Mike is trying to fool them into
fixing a Qt 22.0 build :) as well as any other strangeness that should be the
user's responsibility.

Kent