[Paraview] parallel paraview

Mehmet SAHIN msahin.ae00 at mynet.com
Mon Sep 3 03:49:38 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I have recently installed paraview
2.4.4 using mpi-lam.7.1.3 on a linux cluster. And l am trying to use it
remotely. I can run it using "mpirun -np 1 paraview" for small size
Ensight Gold files. However, when l use multiple processors l am having
problem. I am seeing some other windows when it is reading the data
files. Probably rendering part... Is this not to way to run it
remotely?
Actually what l want to do is to
visulize an Ensight Gold file with around 8million vertices. On the net
l saw that there is a pvserver option to run it when you have a poor
client machine. However, for this one first l need to install it on
client machine as well. Then l will run pvserver on the clusternodes.
However, l do not have a direct acces from the client to the cluster
nodes. Everthing has to go trough frontal node. I wonder whether you
people had simillar problems and how you handle it?

Best wishes,

Mehmet SAHIN

Mehmet SAHIN
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Sciences

University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, Colorado, 80309, USA
TEL :+1 303
735 3526
FAX :+1 303 492 4990
http://vonkarman.colorado.edu/~sahinm/index.htm

Hayalindeki kişiyi gökte ararken
nette bul! Mynet Arkadaşım´a abone olmak için hemen
tıkla!