[Paraview] Stream tracer can't penetrate VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SET cells?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Oct 19 11:47:43 EDT 2007

> Ouch. does that mean marching cubes doesn't work with the CONVEX_POINT_SET
> cell type either?

Marching cubes would definitely not work (it works with uniform rectilinear
grids only, i.e. vtkImageData) but you can still use the contour filter. It
_should_ work. I never used it so I can't guarantee it.

Any idea when the stream line feature would be in working order?

Nope.

Also, has any progress been made in the realm of block structured adaptive
> mesh visualization?

Yes. Read the article on composite datasets in the Nov '06 Kitware
newsletter: http://kitware.com/products/newsletter.html
We are actively working on further improvements.

thanks

You are welcome

-berk