[Paraview] cvs under firewall

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Nov 30 10:44:44 EST 2007

Yes.  We used to have the same problem, and we solved it with ssh
tunnels.  First, from the computer on which you wish to check out
ParaView (which I will now call the client), run

  ssh -L 2401:public.kitware.com:2401 external.host.com

where external.host.com is some computer outside of your firewall to
which you have ssh login privilege.  Once the ssh login is complete, any
socket connection to your client on port 2401 will be automatically
rerouted through the ssh connection to public.kitware.com.  It just so
happens that the pserver protocol of cvs uses port 2401.

Now to check out ParaView on the client, do so as normally except
replace public.kitware.com (or www.paraview.org) with localhost and your
good to go.

     cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at localhost:/cvsroot/ParaView3 login

     (respond with empty password)

     cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at localhost:/cvsroot/ParaView3 co ParaView3

-Ken