[Paraview] reverse connection

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Mon Nov 26 10:28:01 EST 2007

I did a quick test, which shows a problem with --reverse-connect. The test
used paraview-3.2.1-Linux-x86 pre-compiled binary.

I have two linux computers, let's call them A and B.
(1) I tried "forward" connection and it works:
     "pvserver" on B; then "paraview --server=B" on A
or
     "pvserver" on A; then "paraview --server=A" on B
(2) Then, I tried reverse connection, and it FAILED:
     "paraview" on A; then "pvserver -rc -ch=A" on B
or
     "paraview" on B; then "pvserver -rc -ch=B" on A

Is the above (2) the right way to launch paraview in client/server mode
using reverse connection?

Weiguang