[Paraview] Colours in AVI Animations looking sub-sampled

Philippose Rajan sarith at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:15:38 EST 2007

Hello,

I use Paraview 3.3.0 (compiled on 32-bit Linux, and 32-bit Windows machines) from CVS, and have found that when I save an animation with geometry made translucent using the "opacity" option in the usual ".avi" format, I get videos which lack smoothness of colours.

The gradients are all replaced by discrete colour changes. The translucent parts of my mesh do not display any simulated field... it is purely the geometry, with the default grayish tinge given to the "solid colour" in Paraview. However, the fields I display also end up being "colour discretised" once exported to AVI.

The geometry and the fields look perfectly fine within the Paraview GUI.

It this something to do with the AVI video format... or the 256 colour limitation in the "view settings" option? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Philippose

Make Yahoo! your homepage.