[Paraview] pypython without X

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Nov 21 14:59:58 EST 2007

You have to compile a separate pvserver with offscreen mesa support.
OSMesa does not require an X connection. When configuring this
paraview build, turn on VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA and have the new
variable that shows up point to the OSMesa library. You can download
Mesa at http://www.mesa3d.org/.

Hats off to Mesa developers for making this possible.

-berk