[Paraview] Quadric Clustering on 3D Unstructured Grid (PV3.2)

Claudio Silva csilva at cs.utah.edu
Wed Nov 14 09:51:19 EST 2007

Hi!

We have developed a vtkUnstructuredGridQuadricDecimation filter that
simplifies 3-D unstructured grids. It implements a non-streamable
version of the algorithm described in "Streaming Simplification for
Tetrahedral Meshes Grids", H. Vo, S. Callahan, P. Lindstrom, V.
Pascucci, and C. Silva, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and
Computer Graphics, 13(1):145-155, 2007.

We would be happy to contribute this code to VTK, if people find it
useful. We have been using it "in house" at Utah for 2 years now, and
it has been quite stable.

In the meantime, I can simply send a copy to whoever wants it. Please
let me know.

Claudio.