[Paraview] min/max of coordinates

Simone Crippa crippa at kth.se
Tue Nov 13 05:30:11 EST 2007

Hi,

someone have an idea how to extract the coordinate extrema of a dataset
in PV? Suppose you extract with the threshold filter a certain volume
cell region (unstructured), how can one then plot (e.g. over time) the
minimum x-coordinate of the threshold?

The only hit on this in the PV mailing list is from the end of 2006,
when Berk answered to a feature request for the calculator:

Berk Geveci wrote:
[...]
 >>  - a max and min operators
 >
 > This would be  a good addition.

[...]
 > We have some long term plans to overhaul the array calculator. We are
 > also adding support to add python based custom filters to ParaView 3.
 >
 > -berk

If someone has an idea on how to access this data (min/max), please tell
me/us.

Maybe it is possible by using the python interface (PV3; programmable
filter)? Any ideas?

Regards, Simone

--
Simone Crippa