[Paraview] Record Test Guidelines?

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Nov 9 09:37:16 EST 2007

We do use xml files to make the server connections before reading the
xml file containing the test.  See the xml.in files in the
Applications/Client/Testing/Cxx/ directory.  Which means the tests
should be independent of what the server connection will be.

You can record your test with the default builtin connection.
Play it back to make sure it did what you want, then go into
client/server mode, and play it back again to compare.

Or if you add it to the list of tests in
Applications/Client/CMakeLists.txt line 254,
ctest -R MyTestName -N will show you the available tests as a result,
and you should get something like
pqClientMyTestName-Builtin, pqClientMyTestName-ClientServer, etc....

Clint